THE WARRIORS STORY
The Wasabi Warriors are five brothers: Ocean, Porky, Beefy, Chicken & Veggie Warrior
The five young brothers were mentored by their father, who trained them in the ways of the traditional Warrior – to honour the ocean, earth and animals.
As the brothers grew, they separated, but with the passing of time they reformed, and now search for Warriors to join them in sustainable, economical and honourable practices to eat good, do good, and feel good.
To eat good, is to eat food that is fresh, good for you, and makes you want to come back for more.
To do good, is to support business practices that help our oceans, our earth & our animals.
To feel good, is knowing that when you eat well with the Wasabi Warriors, you are helping to honour practices that are good for our ocean, earth and animals.
The search continues for their long lost sister….
Which Wasabi Warrior are you?
The Wasabi Warriors, championed by Porky Warrior enlisted the help of Hideo Dekura, masterchef to build a menu that celebrates food, including taste, presentation and the sharing of great food with friends.
The search continues to work with suppliers, landlords, and partners to do good for the Ocean, Earth and Animals through economical and sustainable practices. The Wasabi Warriors will continue to seek out people who can help them achieve these goals while making sure people eat well, and feel good about their choices. If you have what it takes to be a Wasabi Warrior click here
To be a Wasabi Warrior, you need only eat with the Wasabi Warriors at one of their store locations. You would have helped the health of the Ocean, the Earth and the ethical treatment of animals by sharing in great food with the Wasabi Warriors.
Find out if you have what it takes to be a Wasabi Warrior - join us
WASABI WARRIORS – OUR PRODUCTS AND OUR PACKAGING
Our Chicken is FREE RANGE and locally sourced:
• When fully feathered, in accordance with the current edition of the appropriate State Animal Welfare Code, birds must have easy access to an area on which to range during daylight hours.
• The land where birds are permitted to range must have shade, shelter and palatable vegetation.
• The range area must be capable of continued production of vegetation.
• Natural foods are only permitted with the addition of vitamins and minerals as required for the birds’ welfare.
• Birds must have access to clean, dry food and fresh water, in accordance with the appropriate State Animal Welfare Code.
• The stocking density in a shed must not exceed 28kg of live birds per square metre of floor space, unless there is mechanical ventilation.
• Beak trimming, toe trimming, de-snooding or any other mutilation is not permitted.
• Only under veterinary direction are antibiotics permitted and treated birds must NOT be sold as Free Range.
• Growth hormones are NOT permitted.
• A reasonable attempt must be made to protect birds from predators at all times.
• Slaughtering must comply with the current Model Code of Practice for the Welfare of Animals, Livestock and Poultry and Slaughtering Establishments [Abattoirs, Slaughterhouses and Knackeries].
• All birds are to be transported in accordance with the Land Transport Code.
• All birds are to be vaccinated in accordance with the appropriate State livestock control Act.
Our Free Range Eggs:
All eggs used through Wasabi Warrior stores will be eggs that adhere to the Free Range Egg & Poultry Australia Ltd guidelines as above.
More information can be found at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Duck is 'LUV-A-DUCK':
Our ducks are fed a nutritious diet of natural grains and wheat and are ranged reared.They are grown in the spacious Wimmera Wheatlands in large airy,dry, and shaded enclosures. No growth hormones, steroids or harmful chemicals are administered in the growth process.
Our Beef is ORGANIC and locally sourced:
Most beef is deemed as free range but obviously some farms are better that others. The Humane Choice True Free Range label denotes that the animal has had the best life and death offered to any farm animal and will spend their entire lives, from birth to slaughter, with free access to the outdoors. This is the beef that Wasabi Warriors strive to source & continue to do so.
Our Sustainable Tuna:
Canned tuna is currently the biggest selling seafood item in Australia. As supermarkets sell more and more of this profitable product, tuna stocks are in a critical condition. Greenpeace is now putting pressure on supermarkets and consumers to take responsibility for this problem. Supermarkets play a key role in the overfishing crisis by selling us overfished tuna. Greenpeace's Canned Tuna Guide exposes the supermarkets selling us overfished species or using destructive fishing techniques.
Wasabi Warriors wish to work on helping improve & sustain Tuna levels and will endeavour to provide our consumers with the best product that will achieve this. We are therefore using Safcol Tuna as our Tuna Supply as it is number two on the sustainable Tuna list on the Greenpeace website.
Our Sustainable Crab:
Is supplied by Phillips as all their crabs are 100% sustainable. They have adopted Sustainable.org’s definition of sustainability as its guiding light:
“The ability to provide for the needs of the world’s current population without damaging the ability of future generations to provide for themselves. When a process is sustainable, it can be carried out over and over without negative environmental effects or impossibly high costs to anyone involved”
Phillips Foods are market leaders in crab sustainability and were central to the implementation of a minimum size policy for Blue Swimmer crabs that became policy for leading crab manufacturers in July 2011.
WHERE YOU CAN HELP US
Wasabi Warriors is still trying to source the following local and fresh products for each store:
• Free Range and Organic Chicken
• Organic Beef
• Sustainable Salmon
• Sustainable White Fish
• Sustainable Trout
Part of the experience of Japanese food is beautiful presentation, however this can often be very wasteful in environmental terms.
Warriors say 'dispose of your waste wisely!'
Wasabi Warriors have been on the search for 100% recycled, biodegradable & compostable packaging where ever possible.
• Our Miso Cups & Noodle bowls are made from plants not oils & will decompose within 120 days if disposed of correctly.
• White Plastic bags that are biodegradable & compostable & will decompose within 120 days if disposed of correctly.
The above products have been sourced from BioPak & further information is available at www.biopak.com
• Our Eco Bags are made of Non-Woven Polypropylene (NWPP)
The Wasabi Warriors Sushi Carrier creates the experience of stylish food without waste – in fact the bag itself can be reused time and again, significantly reducing the waste that is often associated with high quality takeaway food.
The NWPP that this bag is made of contains approximately 40% recycled material, and the bag can be recycled when its useful life has finished (there are collection points at leading supermarkets and shopping centres). Recycled NWPP is most commonly made into large items such as road signs, park benches and children’s play equipment.
Our Eco Bag has been created by The Bag People and more information on their products can be found at www.bagpeople.com.au
• Our larger take away Sushi Roll boxes and catering containers are made from 100%recycled material & are 100% recyclable
They are made by a company called Closed Loop which have won many awards and nominations for their biodegradable & recyclable products. More information can be found at www.closedloop.com
• Our Napkins are made from 100% recycled paper & are 100% recyclable.
• Unfortunately our takeaway Sushi Bags cannot be made from recycled material due to Australian Food Standard restrictions, they are however recyclable.